Programs > Youth Tour & CYCLE
Washington D.C. Youth Tour and
The Cooperative Youth Conference and Leadership Experience (CYCLE)
Grundy Electric will sponsor four high school juniors from area schools within its service territory to attend leadership conferences. The top two finalists will be awarded the Washington D.C. Youth Tour and the additional two finalists will be awarded the Cooperative Leadership Conference known as CYCLE held in Jefferson City, Mo. Both leadership conferences are paid in full by Grundy Electric. The only expense to students would be if they wish to purchase souvenirs.
2016 Washington D.C. Youth Tour winners:
Grundy County R-V student Emma Novak, daughter of Chris and
and North Mercer student Katie Dailey,
daughter of Kevin and Deb Dailey
- The Rural Electric Youth Tour is an annual week-long event in June when about 1,500 high school juniors from all over the country convene in our nation's capital to learn more about government, cooperatives and rural electrification. More than 85 students from Missouri will convene on Washington D.C. to enhance leadership skills and visit leaders in Congress.
CYCLE - Area high school juniors can compete for a three-day
leadership conference held in July at Jefferson City. This conference
brings together the brightest young leaders from across Missouri. The
focus is to teach students more about electric cooperatives, enhance
leadership skills, and experience Missouri State government.
- Washington D.C. Youth Tour
- CYCLE Conference in Jefferson City
- Complete an application prior to January 31, 2017. Grundy Electric will notify finalists for an informal interview process. Winners will be announced after interviews are conducted.
- Application is open to any current high school junior attending a school (including home schooled students) located within GECís service territory.
Applications will not be accepted from students entering multiple cooperative Youth Tour contests.
- All applications must be received at the following address prior to
January 31, 2017.
Grundy Electric Cooperative
Attn: Peggy Boulware
4100 Oklahoma Avenue
Trenton, MO 64683
For additional information regarding our Youth Programs, please contact Peggy Boulware at
email@example.com or call 359-3941 extension 23, or KarenGlenn at
firstname.lastname@example.org extension 33.
Download Youth Tour/CYCLE Leadership
Us | Return to Top